Easy implementation, fast results
Your fleet management solution from UScellular™
Lay the foundation
Align fleet goals to your budget requirements, staffing and business objectives. Your goals will help us optimize the solution for you. You can expect to achieve goals like these:1
- Increase productivity by 10–15%
- Reduce fuel expenses by 20–25%
- Reduce overtime by 10–15%
Choose how to launch by selecting a pilot program or fleet-wide launch. For a pilot program, create a two-stage implementation process and select which vehicles to start with.
Decide who can access dashboard functions and who will receive automatic reports or text alerts.
Gather the information
Record vehicle data like the make, model, year and VIN for fleet vehicles. This information will determine which equipment will be needed.
Record staff data, including the contact information for management and staff who will have access to data reports or alerts.
Start a conversation with your staff and drivers. Encourage questions, and address any concerns. Prove that the solution can help them in their roles by sharing the data:
- Reduce accidents by 21%2
- Reduce paperwork by 20 hours per driver, per year3
- 98% of users say the solution is useful to them4
Perform the installation
Receive activated devices for the selected vehicles. Each one is about the size of a deck of cards, lightweight and tamper-resistant.
Attend a meeting to walk you and your staff through the installation process, including:
- Connection of devices
- Access to cloud software
- Mobile app instruction
Install devices by plugging them in or hard-wiring them with just a few connections. Installation usually only takes a few minutes per vehicle. You can install the devices yourself or hire a professional installer.
Complete the implementation
Train the crew with the help of our technology experts. The user-friendly design is easy to learn, and we’re here to answer questions.
Start seeing results as your routes are automatically optimized and data is recorded. If you’re like most fleet managers, you’ll notice these three benefits right away:5
- Improved productivity
- Improved dispatch efficiency
- Decreased fuel consumption
Get continued support throughout the process. We’ll help you fine-tune things, and then you’ll be ready to implement the solution across your fleet.
What to expect
Once your solution is up and running, you can start turning the data and insights you collect into profit-boosting results like these:
$705 per-driver savings in paperwork alone
Paperless electronic logbooks drastically cut time spent filling out paperwork for Department of Transportation compliance and internal payroll purposes.6
10–20% reduction in maintenance costs
Automatically tracking mileage and setting alerts for prompt service let you stay on top of maintenance and repairs, leading to substantial cost savings.7
37% lower fuel costs
Reducing other inefficient behaviors like hard braking and rapid acceleration can save about a third of annual fuel costs.8
For more information on how to implement the UScellular fleet management solution for your organization, visit uscellular.com/business/fleetmanagement or call your local technology expert at 866-616-5587 today.
- Frost & Sullivan. “Global Connected Truck Capabilities.” 2016. https://www.slideshare.net/SathyanarayanaK/frost-sullivans-global-connected-truck-brochure-about-40-million-trucks-will-be-connected-by-2020
- Nolan, Kelsey. “How to Increase Fleet Productivity Using Telematics.” Automotive Fleet, 2015. https://www.automotive-fleet.com/156386/how-to-increase-fleet-productivity-using-telematics
- U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. “Preliminary Regulatory Evaluation of Electronic Logging Devices and Hours of Service Supporting Documents Supplemental Notice of Proposed Rulemaking; Regulatory Impact Analysis.” 2014. https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=FMCSA-2010-0167-0479
- GPS Insight. “2016–2017 Fleet Management Technology Report.” https://www.gpsinsight.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Fleet-Management-Technology-Report-2017.pdf
- Rediehs, John, “How ELD Can Save Truck Drivers Time and Money.” The TMS, 2017. http://t-tms.com/eld-can-save-time-money-truck-drivers/
- Guinn, Justin. “Improve Service Provider Efficiency With GPS-Enabled Dispatch Software,” Software Advice, 2015. https://www.softwareadvice.com/resources/improve-service-provider-efficiency-with-gps/
- Accenture, “Accenture Federal Fleet Management: Improving Fleet Efficiency and Compliance Through Best Practices.” 2012. https://www.accenture.com/us-en/~/media/Accenture/Conversion-Assets/DotCom/Documents/Global/PDF/Industries_6/Accenture-Federal-Fleet-Management.pdf
- Weisbaum, Herb. “How to save money on gas this summer.” NBC News, 2018. https://www.nbcnews.com/better/business/how-save-money-gas-squeeze-more-miles-out-every-gallon-ncna877141